Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pond Hopping

I woke up almost half an hour early this morning, which is strange for me because usually I try to catch every last Z that I can before waking up and trudging into my summer classes which start relatively early. There was a little pit in my stomach that felt like a big weight, though it wasn't a bad weight -- it was an excited one. I checked the calendar on my phone and counted the little boxes to find out that my trip to Paris is in eleven days. Eleven. What? It feels like just yesterday was the day I booked my flights, and now it's time to start getting my things together and pack my suitcase! This is all too strange, and it still doesn't really feel real. 



I'm going to Paris, France for a month to study abroad. I feel like I'm going to wake up and it will all have been just a dream. Just writing this I'm getting the heebie jeebies. 



Not only am I going to Paris, I'm also bought train tickets to spend a weekend in Geneva, Switzerland! I'm hoping to maybe find a good place to hike, because according to my research, you can see Mont Blanc from the highest point in the city. I'm also excited about that because I've never set foot on a train...that will definitely be an experience!



Note: I do not own any of these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment