Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Trans-Atlantic Travelin'


As some of you may know, I am studying abroad in Paris for a month this July! I literally could not be more excited; I’ve been wishing to be able to go to Paris for years now! Not only that, but to be gone for an entire month? The idea is beyond enthralling, but it’s also incredibly daunting! This will be the first time I’ve ever traveled outside of the United States, and the fact that I’m actually embarking on this journey alone makes me a little anxious. Fortunately, my eagerness to go outweighs that anxiety considerably.

So, today I finally made my flight arrangements! My flight to Paris leaves on June 29th from Pensacola and goes to Atlanta where I have a layover that lasts about two hours. From Atlanta, I hop on your standard Air France Boeing 777 on an overnight flight bound for “La Ville de la Lumière” itself, Paris! I’ll be going the same way back exactly a month later on July 29th.

Being the super travel nerd I am, I researched the aircraft of each airline that I will be flying on, just your standard Google search to get an idea about what the cabins look like and the amenities and meals that are included during the flights. Since my flights between Atlanta and Pensacola are only an hour long, Delta includes a small packet of cookies/crackers/peanuts and a drink. However, my long-haul flights across the Atlantic are 8+ hours, with a huge time difference in between. I don’t think a rinky-dink packet of stale crackers is going to hold anyone over for that long! After takeoff, dinner is served with two entrée choices and passengers can choose to take either red or white wine as well as other non-alcoholic beverages with their meals. How great is that?! 









No comments:

Post a Comment